SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- IP/Story development and production of television, new media, consumer products and mobile.
- Highly motivated and versatile entertainment executive with 10+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing.
- Skilled at development of business strategies executed with the highest creative standards.
- Organized and methodical in achieving goals.
- Account and brand management.
- Interactive and digital marketing development.
- Hands on executive with traditional design background.
FOX MOBILE STUDIOS – Los Angeles, 2006 – Present
Vice President & Head of Studio
Manage and supervise all business and creative aspects of Fox Mobile Studios, the creative engine within Fox Mobile Group that develops and produces compelling original and licensed content tailored specifically for mobile and on-line distribution worldwide.
- Manage team of producers, application and web project managers, writers and graphic designers.
- Creative and production output includes branded entertainment, websites, interactive marketing collateral, original animation, smart phone games & applications, mobile web (WAP), and personalization content.
- Launched Fox’s first ever multi-platform brand integrated series, Brainstorm, sponsored by WRIGLEY, which received over 2 million views online and on mobile. Project included series creation and production, mirco-site creation, paid and social media, SMS and WAP, promotional video clips and digital marketing collateral.
- Successfully developed and launched several smartphone applications, including the ICE AGE 3 iPhone application, which resulted in over 1.6 million downloads.
- Collaborated with THE SIMPSONS show writers, producers and illustrators to produce over 500+ pieces of original content specifically designed for mobile phones.
- Managed interactive marketing creative, executing web and WAP campaigns focused on increasing acquisition and reducing churn for proprietary subscriptions products; Bitbop, Mobizzo and Jamba/Jamster.
TELEVISION DEVELOPMENT – Active projects
CARTOON NETWORK/ADULT SWIM – Executive Producer & Co-Creator
Co-created THUNDERSTRUCK, an original half-hour animated comedy.
Status: Currently in series development and pilot production.
20TH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION – Executive Producer & Co-Creator
Co-created THE DUNCAN FAMILY BAND, an original half-hour animated comedy.
Status: Currently in series development.
SPIKE TV – Executive Producer & Co-Creator
Co-created GARY: ONE MAN ARMY, an original half-hour animated comedy.
Status: Currently in series development.
MGA ENTERTAINMENT – Los Angeles, 2004 – 2006
Creative Director, Consumer Products
Responsible for creative direction of original and licensed brands in over ten consumer product categories including: consumer electronics, home décor, sporting goods, stationary, activities, plush, games and puzzles.
- Managed branding and packaging activity for wildly successful BRATZ, LIL’ BRATZ and BABYZ across large majority of consumer product categories.
- Managed 16-person staff, including product and packaging designers, copywriters, web designers and product managers in both Hong Kong and US offices.
- Produced and art directed 300+ photo shoots for online, packaging, in store, and print.
- Creative direction on marketing campaigns in association with 350 products annually.
PATRICK DAVIDSON PRODUCTIONS - Los Angeles, 2000 – 2004
Art Director for PDP, a full service television, online and print creative studio.
- Co-creator and Creative Director of Willowbe Woods Campfire Stories. Children’s franchise included children’s books, home video series, consumer products and full track music. Supported by national press and record-breaking attendance for a 32 city national Borders Book tour.
- Art Director and line producer for several television series, including: Wild Adventures with Jules Sylvester (Discovery), and American Teacher Awards (ABC).
- Art Director for corporate and entertainment branding, including The Getty Foundation, U.S. Dept. of Education, and The Hatchery (Mandalay).
CARBONATED ARTS – Los Angeles, 1999 – Present
Independent consultant and freelance creative director focused on IP development, consumer and entertainment advertising, digital marketing and viral campaigns.
- Agencies and projects include: Omelet LA, Herzog/Cowen, Springboard, Peter Green, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Motorola, Xero Mobile, INFOR.
- Created and launched “Motivation Proclamation,” a best selling line of motivational spoof posters depicting familiar humorous college scenarios. Over 1 million posters sold to date.
- Created best selling “Official Mullet Reference Guide” poster, spawning a robust licensing program, including apparel, accessories, trading cards, art prints and more.
Art Center College of Design: B.S. in Environmental Entertainment Design (2000).
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
2010 Streamy Award nominee for Best Branded Entertainment Series – Brainstorm
2010 GSMA Award nominee for Best Mobile Marketing and Advertising – Brainstorm
2009 Mobile Excellence Award nominee – Ice Age 3 Flash application
2008 Mobile Excellence Award nominee – The Simpsons mobile program
2006 Communicator Award for Excellence in Advertising – Bratz
2003 Ben Franklin Award nominee for Best New Book; Fiction – Willowbe Woods
2000 Joe Thompson Memorial Design Award
IADAS MEMBER – Webby Award voting privilege